Monday, December 6, 2010

The Old Curiosity Shop

I recently finished this book by Dickens. It wasn't my favorite Dickens -- it's too hard to beat David Copperfield -- but I did enjoy it. He has such a wit! There are characters to love in the book, but the characters that are evil stick around for the whole book, which was a bit difficult for me. And a few characters were just sort of abandoned, which is a bit different for Dickens. Of course, I can recommend it highly. On a side note, I read this book on our iPad. That was different. I liked it more than I thought I would, but I still just prefer good old books. I would not be opposed to another e-reader book, though. There are some advantages.

I also recently read The Promise by Richard Paul Evans. It isn't worth another word in my opinion. Don't bother with it.

I'm now in the midst of A Christmas Carol, and we also watched the new Disney version (it came out last year) the other night. I love that movie! I think it is so well done and for the most part captures the spirit (no pun intended) of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment