Thursday, December 23, 2010

Best Books of 2010

Here are just a few of the best books that I read in 2010:

-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Fabulous book. I wrote a book report on it in February, (so I was still in 7th grade) and got five extra credit points. I think that's because I quoted Brian Regan (he's my favorite comedian) in the report, but my mom thinks it's because I read Jane Eyre while the other kids were reading who knows what. Anyway, I loved this book. :)

-Fablehaven book 5: Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull. This one was the last one in the series, and it just came out this year. It was really good. If you haven't read the Fablehaven books yet, you ought to. They're good for Harry Potter fans.

-Touch Blue by Cynthia Lord. I loved this book, it was so charming!

-Calamity Jack by Shannon Hale. This one is the sequel to Rapunzel's Revenge, and they are both very good. They're graphic novels, which was kind of fun. I have to say that I was a little bit disappointed by Calamity Jack, (it didn't capture my attention as much as the first one and the plot was kind of weird) but since Shannon Hale wrote it and she's one of my favorites, I have to recommend it. Me and my friend actually got these signed by her at a book signing, which was super fun!

-The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I LOVED this one!

-The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. I had to read this for school, even though I had already read it before. It's a really good book. Also by the same author is Sign of the Beaver, which I loved and read a couple years ago. This author has written quite a few things and earned a couple of Newberry Awards.

-All seven of The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling, of course. I read all these for the...I think fourth...time this year, and they are always good! I learn something new every time I read them, the story is so intricate and fascinating!
The seventh movie that came out in November was fantastic, I've seen it three times in all different theaters with some of my friends! Ha ha! Check out my post about the midnight showing, it wasn't very long ago.

-The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I loved this book, even though it seemed a little long. My dad got all the Lord of the Rings movies for Christmas, but he says I can't watch the movies until I've read the books. (He loves those books.) I haven't found time for them yet, but I'm really excited to read them. Anyway, I loved The Hobbit.

-A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flag. I read this every Christmas, and it's a great book. There's a ton of Christmas books I love.

-The Work and the Glory, book 3 by Gerald Lund. I've only read the first three of these books, because we don't own them all. But I loved, loved, loved the ones I've read.

Okay, this is getting really long, isn't it? I just love books! I'm eager to have another wicked amazing year of reading! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment