Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 Movie

Note: This post might not make sense unless you've already seen the movie or if you've read all the books. This post also got longer than I expected it to, so be forewarned.

My Mom, my friend McKenna and I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows together on Thursday night. I strongly recommend it.

The last few Harry Potter movies I have liked. The special effects are cool and I always love the story, but I don't think I liked them as much as this one. This might have been my favorite.

For one thing, it followed the book perfectly in my opinion. Most of the seventh book is Harry, Ron and Hermione being in a tent, not sure what to do and grouchy with each other. By watching the movie it was clear that that's what happens, but it didn't drag on forever, and there's more humor involved to make the wandering around in a tent more bearable. Every important scene was included, and nothing irrelevant was added in. This could be because J.K. Rowling was one of the directors, which I thought was cool.

The scenes that they included, I thought, were also done really well. The scene when they visit Xenophilius Lovegood's house and Hermione reads The Tale of the Three Brothers to them was amazing. The characters were all dark brown and gold, and it looked super cool. That story is really important, and I'm glad that they read the whole thing and didn't make it boring.
Another scene I liked was the scene at the Malfoy's house. It kind of freaked me out. Every time Hermione screamed, I got chills! It was a lot like how I pictured it in the book. Bellatrix is so creepy!

A week before the movie came out, we heard there was going to be some nudity scenes. For a few miserable days, I thought that I wasn't going to go, because I don't like to see that kind of stuff. After a lot of research online we decided to go anyway. I was glad because mainly the only questionable scene was when Ron is about to destroy the Locket Horcrux with the Gryffindor sword. These random images appear to sort of scare Ron and make him think he can't do it. Harry and Hermione appear sort of dreamlike, and then they kiss for a few seconds. They're naked but you can't really see anything. If the nudity rumors were driving you away, like they almost did with me, just know that it really wasn't very bad.

We were surprised at how much we liked this movie. I thought it was really good overall, and you should go see it.

1 comment:

  1. Abby, I'm glad you guys liked the movie. I really liked it too. I think they did an excellent job with the whole thing, and I'm excited to see how Part 2 turns out.

    ReplyDelete