Wednesday, October 20, 2010

1 MONTH! (And another book...)

Yes, one more month until Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1 comes out. This is exciting. I'm going to go at midnight, which I've never done before and I can't wait!

I think I have mentioned the book Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson. It's really sad, but really good if you want to look into it. There should be a post about it somewhere down there. But anyway, it ends super abruptly saying there would be a sequel.
Now, about three years later, I notice the sequel, Forge, at the bookstore! It wasn't near as exciting as finding Touch Blue--I didn't knock any other books off the shelves--and I haven't bought it yet, because I'm in the middle of the Harry Potter series for the fourth time (in preparation for the movie). But I'm very excited that it's out because I'm dying to know what happens. It was all sad and intense at the end...

So anyway, I'm happy about that.

We're also reading The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare in my English class. Marvelous book! I've read it probably twice, so this should be my third time. It's SO good, and you should read it.
I also highly recommend another book by the same author...The Sign of the Beaver. I think both of those won Newberry Awards of some kind, that's how good they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment